You have a legal situation, and need an attorney on your side to help you navigate a dispute or other business complexity.
I can help you with:
Drafting Letters & Responses
- Cease and Desist Letters (asking someone to stop doing something, like to stop infringing your copyright/trademark, or to stop defaming you).
- Demand Letters (asking someone to do something, like to pay money they owe you under a contract).
- DMCA Requests (asking a web host to take down content that infringes your copyright).
- Replying to Letters and Requests
Negotiations & Dispute Settlement
- Business Partners
- Selling or Buying a Business or Asset
- Intellectual Property Disputes
- Communications from Attorneys
- Communications from the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office
- Responses to Subpoenas
- Communications from local government re license, permits, DBA, etc.
Miscellaneous Legal Work
- Move company to another state
- Dissolve or shut-down company
Who is a good fit:
- You are comfortable working with an attorney primarily via email, with an occasional phone call or Skype.
Who is not a good fit:
- You want a lawyer who wears a suit and who will meet with you in person.
- You know you need an attorney to represent you in litigation. While I do handle writing letters and negotiating settlements, I do not currently handle litigation (however I can “coach” you to represent yourself in Small Claims Court).
- You want an “attack dog” type attorney to represent you.
How does it work?
- First contact me via email about your situation, to make sure I don’t have a conflict of interest and that we are a good fit to work together.
- We may have a Quick Call to discuss your situation and to give you initial advice about your situation.
- I will give you an estimate of costs, either on an hourly basis or a flat-fee basis (it depends upon the type of issue–some are too unpredictable to do on a flat-fee basis).
- We will create a plan for the first phase of handling your issue, such as writing a letter or drafting a document. Then, after we come to an agreement for how to work together, we will get started.
Letters/responses typically cost $300-550+ to draft, depending upon the complexity of the situation. Some projects are priced on a flat-fee basis, but it is highly dependent upon the type of project. My 2017 hourly rate is $400 per hour.
How do you get started?
Contact me via email below. If you are a phone person, you can instead schedule a Quick Call (15 min for $100) to discuss your situation via phone.
Do you take clients in other states/countries?
Yes, I have clients in many different states, and clients who are physically located in other countries but are doing business in the United States. Since I don’t do litigation and I work online, we can easily work together remotely. If it looks like your specific legal problem is going to need litigation, I will refer you to an attorney or legal referral service appropriate for the location of your dispute.